Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Presention Reflection.

First of all, I would like to confess that I was feeling quite sleepy during my presentation. Thanks to my dog barking in the middle of the night which had severely disrupted my sleep. As a result, I think I appeared quite blur during the presentation.

I felt that my delivery of contents did not flow that well as compared to my other two presenters. It was more apparent when it comes to the explanation of the charts and graphs as I feel that my ideas did not link very well.

During my presentation, I also appeared to be relying on my notes sometimes as it was hard for me to think of the appropriate sentences on the spot. This also shows that I did not know my content well enough during the presentation.

I have the tendency to increase my volume during the presentation when someone is not paying attention to me as I feel that it is rude to talk when someone is presenting. Therefore, I was glad that everyone was listening attentively and not talking during the presentation. In addition, I will also stare straight at the person who is talking so I can appear to be quite scary during presentation when I am offended.

I might have exhibited some non-verbal cues unconsciously. I was told some time ago by my peers that I have the tendency to sway during my presentation. Hence, I was wondering if I did that for my presentation this time round.

Overall, I am relieved that I have completed my presentation!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gillian,

    Thank you for your presentation! I think you did well! I was impressed by your ability to present without much reliance on your notes. You also started off very well, calm and composed. Just a slight note on the usage of sentence linkers like "and...erm...", which you were using quite frequently. I think these are things like our non-verbal cues, which we do unconsciously, but may distract and disrupt the train of thought of the audience.:) I noticed you also made certain exclamations like "Wow!" and "Hmmm..." which I thought added "colour" to the presentation.haha...just like how you always add "colour" to our class! Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian,

    Thanks for being a great teammate and friend. Presentation wise, I believe that you are on your way to good presentations, having done 2 presentations together with you. Do continue to work on pursuing your dreams, and the added confidence from knowing your content will definitely make you a better presenter.

    All the best in the future!

    ReplyDelete